Sunday 20 January 2019

Forex.com - Broker Reviewed

I have been with FOREX.com since April 2011. They were initially run by GFT but in 2013 GFT and Gain Capital agree to merge. As of today all of my daily mail comes from "GAIN Capital UK Limited". They are big and they are properly regulated as far as I have researched. 

As the world's economy change, things change as well. One thing about Forex.com they are quite widely spread, they have a different division accepting a different location based customer. I had my account open under the UK division and hence I fall under the ESMA regulation/requirement. After 1st August 2018, the new regulatory framework will limit the Leverage available to all UK based account.

I have no complaints about any services from FOREX.com thought my many years with them. I have made several withdrawals and none of which had an issue. Below is the documentation of my latest and final withdrawal from Forex.com. They are prompt and efficient that is for sure!

Account withdrawal request of US$2,532

Withdrawal conversion of US$2,532 to S$3,405
Why am I closing my account in FOREX.com? As I do not live in the European Union, I hate the fact that I have to abide by the ESMA caps leverage of 1:30. The leverage cap limits and restrains how I usually trade, dropping from 1:500 to 1:30 is a big handicap (in my personal opinion).

Quick Summary:
Trading Respond Time: 10/10
Trading Platform: 10/10
Deposit and Withdrawal: 10/10
Spread: 7/10
Customer Service: 9/10


-DC

No comments:

Post a Comment