Monday 7 January 2019

Where have DC been?


An update on my absence. Am I back in the game?

Its been some time since I've put my heart and soul into Fx. In September 2014 I got a job over to move out of Singapore. I packed my family up and we relocated. The move and adjustment was so constant that within 4 years I lived in 2 countries after leaving home. The changed have made Fx a hobby and my job was my main source of income.

During the first year away of home, I tried using EA to trade as well as creating EA of my own which I ran live. The idea was since I had no time, why not use what I know and get the EA to trade for me? It was a nice idea but as any season Fx trader know, as weather has season so does Fx. I was unable to built an EA that would return significant gains and survive the Fx season change. I lost a few account/signal running my EA live and concluded that EA are like machine. They are there to assist us in our task and not totally replace us.

As I had no time to trade, I looked into Long Term strategy and method to keep with the game. In my Fx Journey, I have learned from Rob Booker about un-hit pivot. It is undeniable that statistically it is a valuable point that pivot are like magnets. They work the same as Moving Averages, it is mathematically designed to be crossed/touched by price. Pivots are my trading foundation and something I still believe in. I started taking long-term trade from Daily Time fame trading for price towards Weekly and Monthly Pivot. Taking only positive swap position. This was how I traded since 2015 to mid 2018.

After 8 years of trading Fx all on my own I finally found a mentor(JJ) who was willing to guide me and motivate me in Fx. He has since open my eye once again to Fx and shown me a different prospective to viewing/understanding the Fx Market. With his guidance, I've decided to resume my Fx Journey. I'll be blogging more often to help keep me focus and motivated.

-DC

No comments:

Post a Comment