Tuesday 26 August 2014

My Trading Style and EA

There are many ways to trade, there are many indication of trade or counter-trend.. What do I trade?
I play a dangerous game and trade the counter trend. So far it have been pretty fruitful.. but it has it flaws. I blow up a small $1000 account this week. It was holding EURUSD and NZDUSD. As it was a small account it had no chance against the massive dip over and over again the strengthening of USD has made across all the currency.

Trading counter trend is very rewarding as you are able to gauge where it will retrace but it requires patience and a huge capability of drawdown. The emotional stress is pretty taxing on the trader. July and Aug have been a very massive trending for USD related pair which has cause me lots of pain..

Technicals on How I Trade:
To catch counter trend, I review the momentum divergence with price. I use RSI to gauge when it is overbought or oversold. With also the aid of Stochastic I will review when a pullback begins and happen. As unreliable as the stochastic is, I would exit a trade earlier if I believe there is a pullback. It does get me out of bad trades, but it also force me to exit good trades earlier. My profit target respectfully would usually be a weekly/monthly pivot. At times to estimate a retracement I would use a Fib Retracement Indicator to help me estimate my exit. 

Thats the technical.. but it does require some gut feeling when I look at price. I look for HL HH and LH LL for price action.. I utilised the 4hr time frame more than anything..respecting the 1hr time frame for earlier entry. Daily chart is use to evaluate overall possible direction of the pair..

--- 

Because of how I trade and targets are constantly changing it is difficult to put this into an EA. The overall target may be fix pivot, but when Price Action indicate a change in behaviour; there will be a need to change target to a closer pivot or risk being caught in a whiplash  which happen to me on AUDNZD and many other trades. 

Trading is risky, I may love it but I have still yet master what I like doing. All I am hoping is to be better at it with each passing day. It is tough especially when so many other traders would love to scrutinised  you. When you are successful they ask for your recipes of success, but when you trip and scratch their account they are all over you. People forget that you are still human.. and as human there is no 100%, failures are literally part of growth. If I do have a holy grail I wouldn't be showing it off to the world and have additional undesired attention on myself.

-DC

1 comment:

  1. This is due for an update. The above is no longer entirely accurate yet it is still the foundation of what I have continue to do..

    ReplyDelete